Saturday, August 27, 2005

8/26/05 Show Music And What I'm Listening To Now

Friday's closing music was: Marvelous 3 - Radio Tokyo Clicking on the link will bring you to the iTunes music store where you can purchase this track from the album "ReadySexGo".

If you listen to Distorted View regularly, you'll end up hearing tons of Marvelous 3, as their songs are a great, energentic way to end the program. Marvelous 3 broke up several years ago, but lead singer Butch Walker soon returned as a solo artist. You'll also hear a shitload of Walker's stuff on Distorted View, so I urge you all to check out his site and purchase his work.

I only play a quick 30 second snippet of the song on Distorted View because it's a commercial release, and I don't want to be sued :) I do, however, feel these songs deserve much more expsoure than they have currently received. So, I'm here to pimp them out and encourage you to purchase the music.

My current musical obsession is re-visiting 90's rock bands and seeing what they're up to now. Many of these group shad one or two hits and then faded away. I've found a lot of them are still producing really good stuff. Check out Vertical Horizon's new album "Go" , and Dishwalla's new self-titled release to see what I'm talking about.

Some great tracks on these albums:
Vertical Horizon: Echo
Dishwalla: 40 Stories, Coral Sky

Feel free to leave comments and music suggestions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home